Our most popular tour for 40 years! Join us on a comprehensive 20-mile adventure around Salt Lake City, including several stops at top attractions.
Kennecott Copper Mine Tour
Explore the largest man-made hole on Earth! On this 75-mile adventure, experience this engineering wonder of the world known to be the biggest excavation in history. The Kennecott Utah Copper Mine in Bingham Canyon is also the richest copper mine in history, producing gold and silver, too!
- Beautiful mountain scenery and incredible photo opportunities! Ideal for nature and science lovers!
- Travel to the largest man-made hole on earth to experience the overlook of the world’s first open-pit copper mine.
- The Kennecott Utah Copper Mine, also known as the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine, is the largest and richest copper mine in history with over 110 years of open pit mining; it has produced more copper than any other mine in history!
- A hole so large that it’s visible to astronauts in the space shuttle — almost a mile deep and nearly 3 miles wide!
- Cruise high into the Oquirrh Mountains up to 7,000 feet in elevation for a spectacular view of the open-pit mine.
- World’s largest earth-moving trucks — the size of a two-story house
- World’s largest waste-rock repositories — 6 billion tons of overburden piled high around the mine
- Fully narrated tour explaining the history and operations of the largest and richest mine on earth
- Panoramic views at the visitor observation deck of the largest man-made hole in human history
- Cruise high into the Rocky Mountains for beautiful scenery.
- Witness megaton explosions, detonated twice daily (blasts occur at random times each day).
- Gift shop with copper jewelry and souvenirs
- Photo opportunities next to a 13-foot truck tire and inside a massive shovel scoop
- See inside the largest and richest copper mine in history!
- Cruise along the scenic Rocky Mountains.
- Breathtaking overlook — your guide explains the entire mining operation.
- Possible wildlife viewing may include deer, elk, mountain goats, and a variety of birds.